Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Camp Carl Retreat

So glad to be back with you today. My friend, Judy, and I had a wonderful time at our retreat. Over the next few days, I will be sharing some of the projects I worked on. Today I want to share some pictures from our weekend. Unfortunately, I only have 4 pictures because my camera batteries died on me. Even the extras I took didn't last. After a short phone call to my husband, I learned that my battery charger wasn't working.  These pictures were taken at the main lodge, where we worked on crafts and ate our meals. The cabin we were assigned to had room for 12 people with a community room for relaxing or cooking snacks. This camp was beautiful, the food was excellent and the staff were so generous and courteous. I am looking forward to next year's retreat, which will be in April. They will have horses at the camp if we want to go horseback riding. Now for the details.


The 8 foot tables were set in a squares of four, so everyone had plenty of room to work. Kathy (on the left) and Ronnie were our crafting partners. We all shared stamps, punches, snacks and stories.
They also had the room across from us in the cabin. 


Tara (in the gray sweatshirt) was the life of the party. She kept everyone laughing with her family stories and tormenting her friend, Trisha.

 

Trisha (in the red pants) brought a radio, so we also spent lots of time singing to the oldies.  Everyone in this group were scrapbookers.
 






We had 30 ladies at this retreat. Most of them did scrapbook, but we had about 8-10 who were cardmakers. 

This was at a church camp called "Camp Carl". They rent to the public during the off season. My friend Judy and I are hoping to plan a retreat here next year.


That's all I have for today. I am going to start downloading pictures of some of my projects. 

Thanks for visiting with me today. 

Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment