Thursday, October 30, 2014

Vintage Best Wishes

Feeling a little nostalgic today as I remember all the fun times I had with my Aunt Donnie. I spent almost every weekend with her. We baked cookies, made popcorn, watched movies and played board games. In the summer, we would pick flowers from her garden to make flower arrangements for her church. Sometimes we would pack up the car and head to my cousin's house in Lakewood, Ohio for the weekend. So my project today is a birthday card, inspired by her.


White card stock was used for the base. The background paper and sentiment came from a scrapbooking pack that I have had forever. The pink card stock is Stampin' Up and the brown is Core'dinations Chocolate. The image was found on Pinterest.

I just purchased this Spellbinders Wrought Iron fence over the weekend and couldn't wait to use it. I love how it adds to the vintage look of my card. The flowers are paper flowers from the wedding department of a local craft store. I am very happy with the end product.

Well, that's it for today. Time to pick up my 2 year old granddaughter. I will be taking her trick or treating tonight because her mommy has to work. This will be her first time and I am so excited to be the one to take her.

Have a great day! Happy Crafting!

Terri


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful card Terri..aren't some of the childhood memories the best!! Have fun with your granddaughter...it is to snow for our trick or treaters tonight...brrr!!

    ReplyDelete