Monday, February 16, 2015

Sheltering Tree

My hubby had to work till 8pm yesterday, so I was able to spend some time in my craft room. This stamp set is from Stampin' Up's Sale-a-bration catalog. It is called "Sheltering Tree". It includes stamps for every season and could become one of my favorite sets to use.


White card stock was used for the base, image panel and word strip. DCWV designer paper was used for the background. The mats were cut from Core'dinations light brown card stock. Using SU Chocolate ink, I stamped the bare tree. I used SU pumpkin pie, real red and olive green markers to make the leaves using the tamping method. I used SU's espresso marker to stamp the bike and the grass was done using SU always artichoke and wild wasabi markers. I found this rust checked ribbon in clearance bin for $1.00 a couple of years ago. I think it finishes this card off perfectly.

When I have time, I am going to use this stamp set to make cards for all the seasons. For summer and spring, there is a swing, bike and tent stamp. For fall, a rake and for winter a snowflake stamp.


Okay, time to get back to work. Wish I could hibernate in my craft room this week since the temps are only going to be in the single digits here in Northeast Ohio. Guess I'd better get my "long john's" out so I can pick up my granddaughter when her mom goes to work.


Be warm, stay safe and have a wonderful day.

Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment