Monday, July 6, 2015

Easy Christmas Basket


I want to create treat holders for meetings that I have coming up in the near future, so I went onto Pinterest for a few ideas. Today I want to share this basket that is made from one square of cardstock. You can use any size square, just divide the sections into equal parts. For example, I started with a 6 inch square scored at 2" and 4" inches on two sides. You will find the instructions here:


Best Year Ever designer paper from Stampin' Up was used to create the basket and 1/4" white satin ribbon holds the basket together. I did make one change to the directions. The original instructions call for 4 pieces of ribbon to tie the sections together. I used one piece of ribbon and thread it through all the holes then tied a bow. I haven't decorated the outside, because I'm not sure which meeting this will be given out.

I was thinking of using this for my September stamp group meeting and decorating with Sunflowers. Once I decide on the theme, I will add embellishments and treats.

Since this basket has four sections, I was thinking of adding a post-it-note pad and pen to 1st section, chocolate in 2nd section, hard candy in the 3rd section and I'm working on ideas for the last section. (Maybe small bottles of hand santizer and tissues.)

Using my paper trimmer and score board made this a quick easy project. It took me less then 1/2 hour to put the whole thing together. 

I envision this project being used for other holidays, wedding shower, baby shower or other fun event. Oh gosh, this would have been the perfect favor for a July 4th picnic. I could have put the silverware, napkins, sparklers, etc. in the sections.

Well, that's me. Always a day late and a penny short.

Hope you liked my project for today. Stop by tomorrow for a look at another fun, easy treat holder.

Hugs,
Terri

 

No comments:

Post a Comment