Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Hersher Kiss Treat Holder

As you can see from the title of this post, my project today is another treat holder. Once again this project can be put together quickly using a 3 1/2" by 8 1/2" sheet of cardstock. You will get three treat holders from one 8 1/2" by 11" sheet of card stock. The directions can be found here:


The base of the treat holder was cut from Stampin' Up's Lovely Lilac card stock. I used designer paper from the Basic Grey Wisteria 6 x 6 pad for the decorative panel. The green flower was cut from Stampin' Up's "Always Artichoke" card stock. Using my piercing tool, I punched a hole through the green card stock flower and poked the wire of the wedding flower through the hole and secured using a dimensional dot. The sheer striped ribbon is from Darice's Oh So Trendy line and is threaded through 1/8" holes punched 3/4" apart through the front and back of the box and through the candy treat bag.

Wouldn't this make a beautiful favor for a bridal or baby shower? I will definitely be using this as a favor for one of my meetings coming up this fall and I might even make some of these for craft shows. This would be a great gift for anyone who loves candy. 

Now I am picturing this treat holder decorated for Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas favors. They would make cute table decorations at each place setting.

Okay, time to start writing these ideas down so I don't forget them. I know it is only the beginning of July, but if I want to have a nice selection of items for the craft shows beginning in September, I need to get started. Last year I was working feverishly getting items ready to sell right up until the craft shows began. This year I want to be able to stay ahead of the game and keep up with inventory.

Along with getting ready for the craft shows, I need to work on gifts for friends and family. I always like to them a home made gift such as: treat boxes, note pads & pens, post-it-note holders, hand sanitizer or chapstick in a home made gift box. Some of these items work perfectly as stocking stuffers.

Off to take stock of the items I have left over from last year, so I can have an idea of what I need to concentrate for this year.

Have a great day everyone and stop by to visit again soon.

Hugs,

Terri





No comments:

Post a Comment