Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Snowman Hat Treat Holders

Between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I have a couple of parties to attend with friends. So I decided to start on some favors to give out along with our gift exchange. I love to recycle or upcycle items and this treat holder seemed like another great idea for toilet paper rolls.


I started by cutting the toilet paper rolls in half. Then I cut 2 1/2" x 6" strips of textured black card stock to wrap around the tp roll. The strip is adhered with red line tape. Next I punched 2 1/8" scalloped circles using my EK success punch. Tombow Multi Use Mono Glue adhered the circle to the bottom of the hat. Red organdy ribbon is the band around the hat and small silk pointsettia flowers and leaves were adhered with glue dots to finish the hats.

Once I purchase the candy, I will fill plastic treat bags and add them to the hat. I will also add a tag to the ribbon that will close the treat bag. Very easy and quick project to put together. 

Trying to decide what other treat holder I want to make. There are so many great ideas on Pinterest and I want to try them all. 

Thanks for visiting with me today. I love hearing from you, so if you have time, drop me a line.

Hugs,
Terri

2 comments: