Friday, November 13, 2015

Mittens and Snowflakes

I had the opportunity to visit with my friend, Darlene, today for some crafting. After helping me with some issues on my laptop, I finally had a chance to work on this card for the challenge at Classy Cards n Such. I used the following die cuts from Dar's dies: "Stacked Mittens" by Poppy Stamps, "Large Snowflake" from Impression Obsession and American Crafts Designer Paper "Hot Cocoa".

I chose the black and white snowflake paper first, then decided to brighten the card up by using the red with white dot paper. Then I placed the big snowflake that Darlene had cut for me and layered the mittens over top. Last I tied a bow with red "Let It Snow" ribbon and adhered that to the top of the mittens. 

Although I could use this as a Christmas card, I think I will save it for when the snow hits in January or February and use it to send "Warm Wishes" to someone. Maybe I could include a pack of hot cocoa. In fact, maybe I will fill a mug with Hersey Kisses and a peppermint stick for snowman soup as a gift to someone special.

Now I think I will sit back and have a cup of cocoa and try to get my head to stop spinning from all the things I learned from Darlene today.

Have a great day everyone.

Hugs,
Terri


4 comments:

  1. Great card, Terri! So glad you and Darlene had a great day. I love the dies you used, and thank you for joining our weekly challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such. Please join us again soon.
    Mindy~CCNS~DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL ... yes it was a 'whirl-wind' day! But fun! The paper is American Crafts 'Hot Cocoa', the mittens are Poppystamps 'Stacked Mittens', and the snowflake in the background is Impression Obsession 'Large Snowflake'.
    I love your idea of the mug filled with goodies idea ... thanks for a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous card. I love this color combo, one of my very favorites. Thank you for joining us for the Classy Cards N Such challenge.

    ReplyDelete