Wednesday, January 27, 2016

LOVE L.E.T.T.E.R.S

Hello everyone. Hope you are having a wonderful day. There is a new challenge beginning today at the Sisterhood of Crafters, hosted by Diane. The theme is "Love Letters". Your challenge is to use the word "Love" and/or a heart on your project.

I found some Valentine heart magnets at Pat Catan's and started thinking about the project I could create incorporating them. Then I found this wonderful tutorial on Pinterest to make an adorable candy treat box. I decided not to add the ribbon handles, so that I could create a panel for the magnets. 
        

I started with a double sided sheet of K & Company paper to make the box. Just a few score lines and cuts for the box bottom is all it takes. The flower was made using my Spellbinders Bloom One dies (S2-044). For the flower center is a pink gem. The flag tag was created with a strip of ivory card stock and 2 pieces of the K & Company paper. Pink organdy ribbon was tied in a bow around the cellophane bag of candy. Last I glued a piece of ivory card stock to cardboard to make the panel for the magnets. Magnets were adhered with double sided tape. I slid the panel down into the box behind the candy bag.

I am entering this creation in the following challenges:

Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown - Anything Goes
Creative Fingers - Anything Goes
Simply Papercraft - Anything Goes 

This box is so easy and quick to put together, I plan to make more for stamping friends when we go to our annual craft weekend in April. I will add the ribbon handles along with a pack of gum and candies to enjoy while we are crafting.

Now that I have shared my project with you, why not head on over to the Sisterhood and check out the gorgeous inspiration projects created by my 'sistahs' and share your creations with us.

As always, Hugs from Ohio...
Terri










3 comments:

  1. What a pretty box/bag to put the magnets in...just perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous and cute project. Beautiful details, great colors, and cute design. Thanks so much for your entry in our challenge at Tuesday Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely little gift! Your friends will be so thrilled to receive it! Thank you for sharing with us at TTCRD!

    ReplyDelete