Monday, January 18, 2016

Sunny, But Cold!

Yesterday we had a big weather change due to an Arctic airstream. The temperatures went from around 30F degrees Saturday night down to the teens by Sunday afternoon. This morning I woke up to single digit temp of 9 degrees. So after a hot breakfast and hot coffee, I headed to my craft room.

I am trying to create a stash of sympathy, get well and birthday cards because I never seem to have any on hand when I need them. Today I have a quick, easy card to share with you.
The designer paper, topper and sentiment are from the Vintage Garden kit that came free with a British card making magazine a few months ago. The base is cut from white card stock and I embellished with silk flowers purchased at Michaels.

I can hardly wait for Spring to arrive and working with these beautiful colors helps to keep the gloom of these cold, winter days at bay. I do have to admit that this has been a fairly mild winter for Northeast Ohio. From November through the first part of January our temperatures were above normal. Good news is we should be back up into the 30's by Wednesday or Thursday. As the old song goes we'll be having a "Heat Wave". 

Well, that's it for my neck of the woods. Hope you all have a great day. Stay warm and Happy Crafting!

Hugs,
Terri  

No comments:

Post a Comment