Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Bugs 'n Owls

Over the weekend I found a pin for the cutest little bug magnets on Pinterest here. Since I don't use a lot of magnets, I decided to make some of these into cute little bug and owl necklaces for our little girl divas.


I purchased a bag of large clear pebble disks from our local dollar store. A 1 inch punch was used to punch out the owls and circles of designer paper. Next I used mod podge to adhere the circles to the back of the pebbles. When that dried, I added more mod podge to the designer paper and adhered 1 inch black card stock circles. I used a coat of mod podge to seal the black circles and let it dry. I found necklace bails at Joan Craft Store and the nylon cord was purchased from Pat Catan's. Using E6000 adhesive, I glued the bails to the back of the disk. The cord was cut to a length of 28 inches, strung through the bail and tied in a knot.

Now I am trying to decide how to package them. I thought about making a small box and adding a tag that says "Bugs and Kisses for Someone Special". Or I could attach the necklace to a card with "Bugs & Kisses" on the front and add "for a special girl" on the inside. Do you have any suggestions? Please let me know.

Time to close and get busy. Have a beautiful day!

Hugs,
Terri

 

No comments:

Post a Comment