Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Make My Day

Good morning everyone! I hope you are having a great day. The Sisterhood of Crafters is beginning a new challenge today. Our hostess, Vickie, is challenging you to create a project using an animal as your focus.

Normally, I would choose an image of a dog, cat, bird or butterfly. But this time I decided to use a picture of a more exotic animal, the snow leopard. I love to go to the zoo and see all of the animals, but the snow leopard is my favorite. The beautiful white coat with dark spots and those crystal blue eyes make mesmerize me.

Here is the card I created:
I found the picture on Pinterest and wanted to create a jungle theme. The background paper is from a Provo Craft Scrap pad. This was adhered to a strip of dark brown card stock and placed onto the left side of the card. The sentiment was typed on my computer and then matted with the same designer paper and brown card stock. Next I used my leaf sprig die to cut four pieces for the right hand corners from dark brown card stock. I then glued 2 flower petals together to create each of the flowers and added a pearl to the center.

I think I will save this card to give to my husband the next time he wakes me from a sound sleep at 1 am. This has happened more than once and the problem is I toss and turn the rest of the night trying to get back to sleep. I don't know about you, but I need a good 8 hours of un-interupted sleep to make it through the day.

If you want to participate in a fun challenge, head on over to the Sisterhood to see the inspiration projects by the 'sistahs', then enter your project. You have until 8pm Sunday, July 24th to enter.

Hope to see you there.

Terri
 

 

2 comments:

  1. What a fun card Terri! I had to laugh when I read your post, as oh yes, the hubby has done that to me many a time too, and once I am woke up that is it for me!! I am sure he will 'appreciate' this card..LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Now that's one scary cat!! But made for an awesome card for Larry (tee hee). THAT is why we have more than one bedroom in our house ... and now afraid to use it! Sometimes my snoring keeps him awake ... sometimes it's the opposite way around ... only problem is, then I have TWO beds to make in the morning vs one! LOL Have a great day Terri! HUGS

    ReplyDelete