Monday, September 12, 2016

Autumn Leaf

It is still summer here in Northeast Ohio. Temperatures in the 70's and 80's this week, but I am looking ahead to cooler days. I am beginning to work on some fall themed cards. I do make a few Halloween items, but my favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. I love working with all the gorgeous fall colors.

My project for today is one that I "CASED" from Pinterest found here

I started with a 4 1/4" x 11" card base folded in half using SU's Really Rust card stock. Next I added a 5 1/4" x 4" panel of beige card stock. The image panel is matted with a 3 1/2" x 4 3/4" Really Rust mat. The maple leaf from SU's "Autumn Leaf Prints" stamp set was stamped onto cream card stock (3 14/" x 4 1/2") with Versamark and embossed with clear embossing powder. Scattered Straw distressed ink was sponged over and around the leaf first. Next I sponged Shabby Shutters and last Wild Honey distressed inks. Brown organdy ribbon was wrapped around the panel and tied in a bow, then the panel was adhered to the base with glue runner.

This will be one of the cards for my card class in October. I still have to decide on a design for the second card and a 3D project.

Thanks for visiting with me today. Stay safe and Happy Crafting.

Hugs,
Terri 

No comments:

Post a Comment