Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Gone Fishin"

Today I have another masculine card to share with you. My dad loved to fish and would often take the whole family out to the lake for a day of fishing. I am not a big fan of fishing, because I don't like putting worms on a hook or taking the fish off. Too slimy for me.

So in honor of my dad, I chose to use this beautiful image of fishing gear that I found on Pinterest.


The card base is tan with ivory dots. I used ivory and dark brown card stock to make mats for the image. Looking through my stash of buttons I came across the hat and basket. Last I stamped the sentiment onto ivory card stock with dark brown ink and layered that onto a strip of dark brown card stock. I made this into a birthday card, but I think it would also make a nice retirement card.

I think I am finally over my fear of making cards for the guys. I have a few more ideas, but need to stop and start working on Christmas cards and gift card holders. Can you believe Christmas is only 2 1/2 months away?

I don't have to send many Christmas cards, because I see most of my friends and family around the holidays. I know I will get orders for gift card holders, so guess I'd better put on my thinking cap and get busy.

Have a great day and Happy Crafting!

Hugs,
Terri 

No comments:

Post a Comment