Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Let Your Dreams Take Flight

Vickie is our hostess for the new challenge at the Sisterhood of Crafters. The theme is "Up, Up and Away" (anything that flies). 

I chose to use an image of an airplane as my focal point. I was thrilled to find the perfect images on Pinterest.


I used the image of a newspaper clipping for the background, then matted the airplane picture with gray and black mats. I typed the sentiment on my computer and used the same colors to mat this panel. Pop dots were used to give dimension.

Wouldn't this make a great masculine retirement card? Could also be used for graduation or someone who just received a promotion.

I really enjoyed working with this theme. It can be interpreted in so many ways. Looking forward to seeing what you create.

I have entered this card in the following challenges.

Digi Choosday - Anything Goes 
Sunny Day Crafting - Anything Goes
Inspiration Destination - Anything Goes 
Crafty Girls Creations - Anything Goes
 
Now head on over to the Sisterhood for more inspiration and enter your project. You have until 8pm (est), Sunday November 20th to enter.

Hugs,
Terri

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Terri, great vintage image, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Terri! Thanks again for all your help at the show! I owe you one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the newsprint background with the vintage image! Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete