Friday, October 6, 2017

Fall Thanks

The theme for the new challenge at the Crafting With An Attitude is "Thankful". What are you thankful for? I love the fall colors and Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. For my project I chose my Darice Autumn Text embossing folder and embossed a sheet of kraft paper.
Then I sponged Walnut Stain Distress ink over the embossed image using a sponge applicator. While the ink dried, I adhered a sheet of yellow with white dots designer paper to the front of my base card, then added the embossed panel. The yellow sunflower from Mikie's Favor Embellishments was applied with a glue dot. Using sticky strip I added a strip of ivory lace and wrapped a piece of burgundy/ivory checked ribbon over the top, then tied a bow with the same ribbon and used a glue dot to adhere to the card.
 
The embossed text brings back memories of getting together with family and giving thanks for all the blessings we received during the year. Now that my daughters have families of their own, my husband and I enjoy a quiet Thanksgiving meal at home and relax watching football and Christmas movies.

Why not hop on over to the Crafting With An Attitude challenge blog and take a look at the wonderful inspiration projects my team have created?

You have until 7pm Sunday October 22nd to enter. Limit of 3 entries per person.

Wishing you many blessings of the season.

Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment