Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Love & Wishes

Hello everyone! Hope you are having a wonderful day. A new challenge begins today at the Sisterhood of Crafters with Diane as our hostess. Since October is National Breast Cancer month, Diane would like you to create a project around the "Pink Think" theme.

In 1987, I lost a sister to pancreatic cancer. My mom passed away in 2001 with hypertension complications caused by thyroid cancer and my oldest sister passed away in 2011 from lung cancer. Working on this project brought back a lot of memories.

For my project I created a card using paper and decoupage sheets from Hundydory pack that I got a while back with a cardmaking magazine.

I added the background paper to a white card stock base. I added a strip of pink satin ribbon, then used pop dots to raise the circle panel for dimension. Next I added the strip of 3 flowers and last the large flower in the center. After adding the butterfly, I added clear gems to 3 of the little flowers around the circle for contrast. The bow of pink satin was added using a glue dot and the sentiment panel was raised with pop dots.

Now it's your turn to share your project. Head on over to the Sisterhood for more inspiration from my sistah's and enter your creation. You have until 8pm, Sunday October 22nd to enter. Limit of 3 entries.

Hugs,
Terri

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Terri and such a pretty design too!! The strip of flowers are gorgeous!!
    Diane TSH DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri - I am so sorry to hear how cancer has affected your family so hard. My heart goes out to you. Such a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Terri, I feel the love in this card for your family! So, so pretty and detailed perfectly! Beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just LOVE how you put your card together, its gorgeous! I'm so so sorry to hear how much you've suffered. Sending you Big hugs from across the miles. Gwendolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also received the same paper from a cardmaking magazine. I did something similar to your card. I used the same images to make Mother's Day cards in 2017 to some of my friends who have been like Mother's to me over the years. My Mom died almost 6 yeaars ago. Thanks for sharing your card with us.

    ReplyDelete