Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Vintage Skaters

Hello everyone! The Sisterhood of Crafters begins a new year of challenges today and the theme is "Make It Sparkle." 

I found this beautiful picture of vintage skaters on Pinterest to use as my focus.
I started with a base card of light blue. I printed the image twice. Using a clear glue, I added diamond dust to the pond for sparkling ice. (The diamond dust doesn't show up very well in the photo, but in person it is beautiful. Makes it look like shimmering ice.)Next I fussy cut around the couple and used pop dots to add to the image panel. Red line tape was used to add lace around the black mat as a frame and the image panel was glued to the mat. Red line tape was used to adhere the mat to the card front.

If you would like to take part in a fun challenge, head on over to the Sisterhood, check out the sistah's inspiration projects and enter your creation. Limit of 3 entries per person.

Hope to see you there.
Terri

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty card Terri with your vintage skaters...and I can see the sparkle!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful image Terri and you've showcased it perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so clever, Terri! I would never have dreamed of making a card from a Pinterest photo. But you did and it is outstanding! And, yes, I do see the sparkle in the icy pond. Your popped up skaters give wonderful dimension as does the lace. Wonderful vintage appeal!!

    ReplyDelete