Thursday, May 15, 2014

May Flowers

About 2 weeks ago, my friend Judy and I attended a stamp/scrapbooking convention Akron, Ohio. This is a two-day event held at the John Knight convention center. There are always over 100 vendors at this event selling stamps, dies, paper, punches, etc. I purchased some new stamps and dies that I am excited to share with you. The card below was created using the "Flowers in the Breeze" stamp set by Rubbernecker stamps. I used markers to color the flowers and larger stems and leaves, misted with water and stamped on white cardstock. Next, I used a darker green marker to color the thin detail stems and stamped over the flowers and leaves. The recipe follows the picture.


Recipe:

Card Base: white cardstock, SU Always Artichoke
Designer Paper: Marcella by Kay
Markers: Marvy
Ink: SU Mellow Moss
Ribbon: 1/2" Pink Gingham

I love how misting the stamp before gives the image a watercolor effect. I'm going to stamp more of this image in different colors and save them for future use. The possibilities for this set is endless. Could be used for "Thinking of You", "Mother's Day", "Birthday", "Get Well" and "Sympathy".

Thanks for visiting with me today. Stop by again soon.

Terri


No comments:

Post a Comment