Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Paper Piecing

Darlene is our host for the challenge at the Sisterhood this week. She is asking everyone to make a project using "Paper Piecing and/or Piercing". For my project, I chose to make a tag using one of the Prima Mixed Media Dolls.


First, I stamped the doll onto white card stock and colored her with SU markers. Then I stamped the image onto two different designer papers from DCWV's Floral Stack and cut out the head band and dress. I used flowered ribbon for the sash on the dress. Before adhering the doll to the tag, I used Tim Holtz Distressed Ink "Vintage Photo" to create an aged look to the tag. Once the doll was adhered, I used a sentiment from SU's "Fabulous Phrases" onto white card stock, punched it out with the small oval punch and layered it onto a larger oval punched from the designer paper. Daisiesand butterfly from K & Company were added to the corner and then the tag was finished off with SU Rose Red grosgrain ribbon.

If you love a good challenge head on over to the Sisterhood and join in the fun. Don't forget to check out all the wonderful inspiration by the sistahs and step-sistahs.

Until next time...

Terri

3 comments:

  1. Terri, this is so cute and I love her pretty dress...these are great doll stamps and so fun to dress...now you make me want to get mine out and use them...LOL...have a great "crafty" day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous tag Teri and awesome job on the paper pieced dress! Like Diane said ... makes me want to get mine out and start playing with them! BUT ... too many other things on the ToDo List today ... guess it will have to wait! LOL!
    Stay warm and safe out there ... we'll get together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super paper piecing Teri! Love your tag!!

    ReplyDelete