Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Happy Birthday, Jedi!

Our new challenge begins today over at the Sisterhood of Crafters, with Agata as our hostess. The theme for this challenge is "Oh, Boy! What Next?".

My grandson just turned 7 and is infatuated with Star Wars and says that it is his favorite movie even though he has never seen it. I suspect the advertising of the new movie and merchandise has spurred him on.

With that in mind I created this birthday card for him using clip art found on the internet.
 I started with a base of white card stock. The light gray card stock was embossed with the Cuttlebug "Birthday" folder, then adhered to the base. I created the sentiment on my computer, printed it out and layered it onto a strip of black card stock. After fussy cutting around Yoda, I used pop dots to give him dimension.

The inside of the card reads "Celebrate you must. Wishing you a birthday out of this galaxy". This card will go perfectly with the rebel trooper we are giving him as a gift.

Okay, time to you to head over the Sisterhood for more inspiration from my 'sistahs'. You have until 8pm Sunday, September 24th to enter. Limit of 3 entries per person.

Hope to see you there.
Terri

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous 'boys' card, I imagine he loved it dearly and the inside sentiment is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this is so unique and your grandson is going to LOVE it!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terri your card is just perfect! Its sooo cool and the sentiments are just so appropriate! Cheers, Gwendolyn, Your "Sis"from TSC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, goodness, this card is something that both of my boys (adults but definitely kids when it comes to anything Star Wars!) would go crazy over. I love how you created your own sentiments. I really have to remember to do that! Absolutely fantastic "Oh boy" card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know so many little boys who would love this card! Great use of the star wars image!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merci pour le commentaire sur mon blog pour Sisterhood of Crafters. J'ai été interpellé par ta carte avec Yoda. C'est en la voyant que j'ai pensé poster ma card box pop-up sur un autre thème. Une jolie carte qui va plaire au petit fan de Star Wars. Bravo !

    ReplyDelete