Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Mentos Snowmen

I have been searching for favor ideas to make for my friends this Christmas. While at the grocery store, I found a six pack of Mentos Mints to decorate. My next stop was the local dollar store to purchase inexpensive gloves. My finished project is these cute little snowmen.


First I cut a piece of white copy paper 5 3/8" by 3" and wrapped it around the roll of Mentos, then adhered the end with runner tape. I cut the fingers off of the gloves and rolled the ends up to make the hats. Next I used a black marker to make the eyes, mouth and buttons. An orange colored pencil was used to make the carrot nose. Now I just need to add a pompom to the top of each hat. I may add a small snowflake also.

That's all there is to this quick gift idea. Super easy. I have six made so far and need to make about 25 more. I also plan to make snowman soup packs to go along with them.

It is such a beautiful day here in Northeast Ohio. In fact, the weatherman is calling for mid-60 to low 70 temps all week. Time to get outside and get my plants ready for winter. Thank goodness I don't have to rake leaves. Hubby uses the lawn mower to chop them up.

I'm so glad you visit with me today. Have a beautiful day.

Hugs,
Terri

2 comments: