Sunday, April 2, 2023

Back to Crafting

Hello everyone! 

Due to some health issues, I haven't been able to get into my craft room for some playtime. In June of this year, I was diagnosed with stage 1 breast cancer. I went into surgery on July 20th (my husband's birthday) to have a 1.5 centimeter mass and 1 lymph node removed.  Then back into surgery on August 17th to have some additional cells removed. I was unable to do any lifting or repetitive movements with my arm for 8 weeks. In October I began radiation therapy 5 days a week for 4 weeks. Thankfully, my treatments were finished the first week of November and I was able to enjoy the holidays.

I am now on Anastrozole for 5 years (1 pill a day) to prevent a recurrence. I feel so blessed with my doctors, radiation team, family and friends who kept me in their prayers, sent cards and called to check up on my husband and I.

I have two cards to share with you today. 

The first card is a sympathy card using a white card stock base 5 1/2 by 4 1/4. The flowers in each corner were fussy cut from Recollections Fairytale Designer paper and I added another layer with dimensions. The sentiment is from a stamp set I have had for quite awhile by Alinacutles.Last I added 3 pink pearls around the sentiment. I also added a flower to the bottom right corner of the card inside.

The second card is a get well card using pink dsp. (Sorry, I don't know what paper this is. It was some leftovers from another project.) Added a tag frame from Bloom Street Pink Paisley ephemera to the left side of the card, then added the bouquet of flowers from the same pack using dimensionals for a 3D effect. I created the flag using a dark green card stock and layered the stamped sentiment on top. White pearls were added around the sentiment panel and a strip of the pink paper was added to the bottom of the inside. The sentiment on the inside reads "Get Well Soon."


 I hope you enjoyed my cards for today. Looking forward to more time in my craft room.

Thanks for stopping by. I would love to see your comments about my creations.

Have a great day!

Hugs,

Terri 

No comments:

Post a Comment