Thursday, May 28, 2015

Grad Gift Card Holder

I wasn't sure if I would make it into my craft room yesterday or not. My hubby was off Monday and Tuesday, so it was hard to get anything done as far as crafting. Every time I headed for my work room, he would ask me to help him with something else. But I finally had enough time to put together this card holder.




The original idea was found on a video here:

Black card stock was used for the base. Then I cut gold metallic paper and DCWV's designer paper for the mats. I cut a gold scallop circle with my 2 1/2" punch, a black circle with a 2" scallop punch and a white circle with my 1 1/2" scallop punch. The image was found on Pinterest.

For the tag, I used my corner punch to round the corners of both panels and my modern label punch for the sentiment. I used my SU punch to make the slilts to hold the gift card and sentiment panel. I used 1/2" gold metallic ribbon and 1/8" silver metallic ribbon for the tag pull.

I plan to make more of these gift card holders for other celebrations.

That's all for today. Don't forget to check out the new challenge at the Sisterhood. Diane is our hostess and the sistah's have some fabulous projects for inspiration.

Have a beautiful day!

Terri

1 comment: