Thursday, July 30, 2015

Big Catch

The card I have to share with you today was made using an image I purchased with a gift certificate from a challenge I won about a month ago. The stamp is called "Bob Hooked a Big One" by High Hopes Rubber Stamps.



The image was stamped with Fun Stampers Journey "Black Licorice" ink and colored using Stampin Up and Close to My Heart markers. The plaid designer paper is DCWV and the kraft card stock is from Recollections. Brown and white gingham ribbon was added before adhering the image panel. The hat and fish are buttons and the oar is a scrapbook embellishment. These three items have been in my stash forever, just never had the right project on which to use them. The eyeglass lenses were covered with Fun Stampers Journey "Journey Glaze" (similar to SU's Crystal Effects). 

I didn't add a sentiment, because I haven't decided how I am going to use this card. It would work for a man's retirement or birthday. Will just have to see which occasion arises first.

Well, it's supposed to be another beautiful, hot day here in Northeast Ohio, so I think I will grab some lunch before picking up my granddaughter, then spend some quality time outside with her today. We had so much rain in June, we didn't think it would ever get nice. Have to enjoy as many of these nice days as we can before fall and winter start to set in.

Have a great day everyone and please stop by again soon.

Hugs,
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment