Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Birthday Sliding Pop-Up Card

Today's project is one that I have always been a little intimidated to try. I found these simple instructions by Diane on Pinterest and decided to give it a try. I can't believe how quickly this card came together.

I started with a medium green card stock for the base. Designer paper  is from the Wild Rose Studio Blackberry Lane paper pack. The dotted grosgrain ribbon is American Craft and the stamp set is Popcorn's Pals by Crafter's Companion.

I used my Tombow and Close to My Heart  markers to color the image. The sentiments were stamped with Black Licorice ink from Fun Stampers Journey.

This stamp set was purchased along with 3 others when I used a gift certificate from a challenge I won a month ago. Aren't the mouse and kitty adorable?



This side view shows how the mechanism works. (Sorry it's a little dark.) The image panel is adhered between the 1/2" base panels on the bottom.

The card folds up nicely for mailing. Now I just have to decide who I will be sending it to. I have lots of family and friends birthdays coming up.
I want to make some of the bases and have them set aside for future use. My mind is spinning with all the possibilities of images to use. This would make a great masculine card with the right image and embellishments.

Wow, the morning has just flown by. Time to get lunch and then pick up my granddaughter.

I hope you enjoyed my project for today. 

Don't forget to stop by the Sisterhood and check out the new challenge. You have until 8 pm (EST), Sunday, Aug. 9th  to enter.

My sistahs have some fabulous projects for your inspiration.

Have a great day!

Hugs,
Terri                               

No comments:

Post a Comment