Monday, July 20, 2015

Tea Time

Hello everyone! I was thrilled to be able to spend a lot of time in my craft room over the weekend. No babysitting, doctor's appointments or grocery shopping. While searching through Pinterest for more card inspiration I came across this cute tea bag holder which goes together quickly. You can find the instructions by Catherine Cote here.


For the yellow one, I used SU's Marigold Morning card stock for the base and Best Year Every designer paper for the background. The image, found on Pinterest, was matted using Recollections chocolate card stock. SU's Garden Green was used for the base of the other one. I matted the image with Recollections chocolate card stock and DCWV Green dotted designer paper. I used the same designer papers on the inside to create the pockets. (Each holds 2 tea bags.) White Satin ribbon was adhered to the front under the mats and wrapped around the back, then tied in a bow to hold closed.

I want to make more of these for craft shows this fall. I think I will package them with a tea cup and cookies. I think they would make nice gifts for teachers, co-workers, friends, etc.

Aren't the tea pot and tea cup images adorable? I did a search on Pinterest using "tea pot and tea cup clip art" and found so many cute images. The hardest part of this project was deciding what colors of card stock and designer papers to use.

Before I work on more of these, I need to work on some challenge projects and more cards for selling. I may cut some of these out and put them together while watching TV with my hubby at night. Then I can finish decorating them later.

Hope you like my project for today. Stop by again soon.

Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment